- (1:59) SPECIAL COMMENT: It is carefully hidden to protect the sources, but there’s no question in my mind now: The New York Times’s profile of the arrested ex-FBI New York Executive Charles McGonigal [available here, not behind a paywall ] implies that FBI and DOJ are investigating whether he was working for Oleg Deripaska, employer of Paul Manafort who was Trump’s Campaign Manager — FOR FREE — long before he retired from the Bureau. I go through the Times piece line-by-line and the phrasing, the invoking of an earlier Russian Spy in McGonigal’s own FBI department, the terminology, is all groundwork for later stories that could fully reengage this country with the reality of Trump’s 2016 Conspiracy with Russia — and how the FBI’s New York Office may have knowingly or unknowingly played a part on both ends of that fetid deal.
- (21:20) POSTSCRIPTS TO THE NEWS: Gang Of 8 offered Trump Docu-Drama briefing; Jim Jordan told to pound sand; “Jim Dial” dies [Wikipedia says he died on January 11 of this year, though]; Flaco the missing Central Park Owl? He’s over at my place.
- (25:42) IN SPORTS: Conspiracy nut Kyrie Irving dealt to Dealey Plaza; NHL tries to pretend its sudden homophobia problem/Pride Night disaster crisis is just going to go away.
- (29:16) THE WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD: Inside SCOTUS (in)security and use of private emails; Jenna Ellis is a moron; a Mississippi state rep (Joel R Carter) goes full racist about the Chinese balloon; WSJ asks: Do we have a balloon gap?
You mean Marjorie Taylor Greene didn’t win it today?
- (35:57) EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY: Andre, in New York, NY
- (37:18) THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: Schmuck Todd did it again. Another Republican Congressman lied to him about the five Chinese Recon Balloons sighted during the Trump Administration and Chuck said “duh, ok.” What it was like to work with — and spend ten years in a fantasy football league with — Chuckles The Clown [probably not this one ].
Well, that’s all the damage for now. Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck.